Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pet Peeves and Personal Promises

I have a few pet peeves when it comes to bloggers.  Therefore, in this blog, I am going to masterfully avoid those things that bug me in other writers.  In announcing them I will either make myself accountable or air my hypocrisy.  Probably the latter.

In any event there are a few principles that I will try adhere to:

1.  I will not tease you with blog posts that I never write.  I've noticed that bloggers who write things like--"I'm running behind on everything in my life but I promise to blog about THIS SUPER-AWESOME THING that you're really interested in" rarely ever follow-up on the super awesome things that they promised.  So I make you no promises, tell you no lies, and hope that you keep reading anyway.

2.  I will not drop off the face of the universe without an announcement.  If I find myself going more than a week without a post, I will try to let the world know what happened.  Because we can all think of a blog we read that has gone underground, almost as though the writer had a life or something.  Or was drafted into a top-secret CIA mission.  I promise to avoid all CIA covert-affairs agents, no matter how hard they woo me and my ninja skills. 

3.  I promise to post absolutely no picture of my pets.  And no bad poetry.  Wait, I can already feel my resolution cracking on the poetry...

No comments:

Post a Comment